For many, the communication and listening skills we have learned are not adequate to effectively respond to the challenges we are currently facing.
Mindful communication and listening cultivates our ability to remain aware and harness the inner resources necessary to manage emotions and mental states, so that we may respond from a place of wisdom and compassion, rather than conditioned reactivity.
In this four-week practical and experiential course we will:
- Define mindful communication and listening.
- Practice present-moment strategies for mindful communication and listening.
- Learn about our unique conditioned habits and biases in communication and listening.
- Build tools and skills for building empathy, curiosity, and perspective-taking.
- Cultivate strategies for dealing with difficult or stressful communications.
- Plan and prepare for challenging conversations.
- Understand and practice key skills for compassionate communication.
- Apply resources and practices in daily life.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Professional Communication Certificate : Core Courses