This 10-week online program equips participants with the key skills, concepts, tools, and techniques required to establish a successful foundation in supervision and management. Participants will increase their leadership abilities, strengthen their confidence, identify their strengths, enhance their conflict management and communication skills.
This 10-week Supervisory Skills program includes the following:
- Digital Literacy & Online Learning
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- Managing People and Performance
- Difficult Conversations
- Mindful Resilience
- Foundations of Operations Management
- Writing for Business
- Career transition/job search skills focused on the process of job readiness
- Career/job coaching – provided to each learner to actively support them in their job search, including networking, understanding the labour market, resumé building, interview skills, and more
The Supervisory Skills program is delivered online with a mix of synchronous (live) and asynchronous sessions. The program includes career management supports that run throughout the program and will support you in your job search for up to 8 months after program completion.
Program Start Date: Monday, March 1, 2021
This program is fully funded.
- You are a BC resident committed to spending up to 25 hours per week learning and actively applying those skills while working with others in a team setting.
- Enrolment is open to British Columbians who:
- are unemployed or precariously employed (part-time, seasonal and or/casual) and have been impacted by COVID-19, and be seeking training for employment
- have a Social Insurance Number
- are at least 18 years of age
To participate in the program, participants must also:
How to Apply
To apply, complete the Supervisory Skills Application form and submit by email to ExecEd@royalroads.ca.
Applications will be accepted up to February 19, 2021. Late applications may be accepted, space permitting. For more information contact us!