This course introduces participants to tools and strategies to increase performance, improve overall effectiveness, develop a sense of well-being while improving emotional and social functioning.
In this interactive, experiential course, participants will learn how to harness the EI skills needed to help attain professional and life goals. A customized EI profile (EQi 2.0) is included as part of the course.
Emotional Intelligence (EI) is really about being aware and being smart with feelings. It is the ability to use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior and achieve your goals. Research indicates that emotional intelligence is the strongest predictor of performance and leadership success in the workplace.
Students will be expected to:
- Complete and debrief the EQi 2.0 assessment
- Experience emotional intelligence in action through experiential learning exercises
- Participate in a peer to peer coaching loop to gain deeper insight into your EQi 2.0 results
- Give and receive constructive feedback in a supportive environment
- Develop and practice skills and approaches to increase emotional intelligence
- Create a personal action plan to support personal and professional growth for continued career and organizational success
- Week 1: Understanding Emotional Intelligence
- Week 2: The EQi 2.0 Model of Emotional Intelligence
- Week 3: EQi 2.0 debrief and analysis and action plan
- Week 4: The impact of EI in the workplace
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Effective People Management : Elective Courses
- Professional Certificate in Management & Leadership : Elective Courses
- Supervisory Skills Micro-credential : Core Courses