This 6-week, fully online program will prepare graduates for employment as field assistants and support personnel in mineral exploration, mining and environmental management. The program will focus on a fundamental understanding of these sectors and their opportunities, and develop knowledge of field skills such as sampling, field data collection, first aid, working in remote camps and field safety. It will also prepare students to take the BC Mines Supervisor Certification exam, providing graduates with knowledge of the roles, responsibilities and regulations of exploration and mining in BC, and a valuable certification required in exploration and mining camps across the province. The program will end in April 2021 ensuring graduates are ready to fill field positions immediately upon completion of the program.
This 6-week Field Assistant program includes the following:
- Mineral Exploration and Mining Essentials
- Environmental Essentials
- Field sampling, data collection and monitoring
- Mining and Indigenous people
- Field safety and first aid
- Preparation for the Mines Supervisor Certification exam
- Mining and exploration career pathways and employment preparation
The Field Assistant program is delivered fully online with a mix of synchronous (live) and asynchronous sessions. The program is led by facilitators with extensive experience in the mining and environmental sectors. The program includes career management supports that run throughout the program and will support you in your job search for up to 8 months after program completion.
Program Start Date: Monday, March 1, 2021 (FULL)
This program is fully funded.
To participate in the program, participants must also:
- Have access to a computer with reliable internet connection, speakers and microphone or headset with microphone (additionally, a webcam is strongly preferred)
- Have Microsoft Office 365 or Microsoft Office 2007 or later
How to Apply
Applications are no longer being accepted as the program is now full.
To be added to an interest list for future offerings, contact us!