- Introduction to strategic thinking
- Getting comfortable with the inevitable uncertainty of strategic thinking
- Bolman and Deal’s four frames
- Polarity management
- The Cynefin framework
- Creative intelligence
- Understand what constitutes strategic thinking and recognize its importance within organizations
- Be comfortable with the inevitable paradox and uncertainty that accompanies strategic thinking
- Know when and how to use three strategic thinking tools: Bolman and Deal’s four frames, polarity management and the Cynefin framework
- Recognize the importance creativity plays in strategic thinking
3-5 hours per week
While the majority of this course Is delivered asynchronously, there will be one 60-minute synchronous session held weekly. Date and time to be announced shortly.
A week prior to the course start date you will receive an email from us with information on how to access the online course. At that time you will be encouraged to visit a short orientation website to familiarize yourself with our online learning platform. You will find the computer requirements for this course through this link: computerservices.royalroads.ca/computer_equip_requirements.
This course can be taken on its own or as part of the Professional Certificate in Management & Leadership and the Professional Certificate in Management Skills for Environmental & Sustainability Professionals.