Interactive learning is when participants are actively engaged in a variety of activities, it occurs when all involved co-construct meaning and have fun. Inclusive learning is knowing how to relate with each other to create an environment that provides a sense of community in which participants feel at ease, eager to engage, and share.
During this 4-week online course, you will learn interactive and inclusive facilitation techniques that you can apply to your next virtual meeting or training. You will have an opportunity to apply these skills, explore challenges, and receive feedback. Most importantly, at the end of the course you will have an increased ability to facilitate with an equity, diversity, and inclusion lens.
Learner OutcomesBy the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Identify effective planning and facilitation strategies for synchronous online sessions
• Provide effective feedback to facilitators of synchronous online sessions
• Explain the importance of evaluation for synchronous online sessions
• Apply effective design strategies to plan for synchronous online sessions;
• Lead synchronous online sessions using appropriate facilitation skills;
• Use a web-based platform at a basic level to facilitate synchronous online sessions;
• Foster a respectful, inclusive learning environment that facilitates the co-creation of learning;
• Use reflection and feedback gathering to evaluate synchronous online sessions.
• Identify ways to create an inclusive learning space or
• Identify practices to facilitate with an equity, diversity, and inclusion lens
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Professional Certificate in Advanced Facilitation Practices : Core Courses