Employment law is about knowing and appreciating all of the legal issues that can arise in the workplace. This course will cover a foundation in the law and a practical application for a number of workplace environments and legal situations. You will be introduced to the legal basics, including employment standards, common law and human rights, workers’ compensation, while working through scenarios in a series of case studies.
- Employment Standards Common law and contracts
- Human Rights Workers’ Compensation
Students will gain a general knowledge of:
- Employment law legislation
- Strategies for analyzing and managing complex legal issues in the workplace
- Options for negotiating resolutions to employee claims