This course is intended for those who have taken Enlichenment! Level One - Introduction to Lichens or who otherwise have an equivalent understanding of the nature of lichens, identifying the main lichen groups, and hand lens use. It will build on knowledge acquired in level one, focusing in particular on key identification characters for the various lichen types and common local genera.
- Identification: Characters: Exploring more identification characters, practicing using these for identification, practicing tools and techniques.
- Lichen types: Practice identifying types, expanding on categories within main groups.
- Habitat: Review of lichen types and local species connected with different habitats.
- Ethnolichenology: Ad hoc discussion, depending on the species we encounter.
Preparation and what to bring:
- Wear clothing and shoes that will keep you dry and WARM while moving slowly outside
- Additional information will be sent to registered participants prior to the class
- Participants will be outdoors for a portion of this course.
Enlichenment! Level 1 - Introduction to Lichens