This skills-based course is designed to equip leaders and managers to become more self-aware with core coaching skills and a framework to have coaching conversations in the workplace. Many organizations, researchers, and professionals have identified coaching as a critical leadership and management competency. Leaders who learn the foundation, fundamentals and framework of professional coaches can shift from a traditional managing mindset to a coaching mindset. As a result, trust strengthens, performance improves, and employee engagement increases.
- Coach Approach and Core Coaching Competencies
- The Coaching Conversation Model Coaching demonstrations and debriefs
- Value of creating a coaching culture
- Distinctions between coaching and other developmental approaches
- Gain an understanding of the benefits of coaching in the workplace
- Learn to shift from a managing mindset to a coaching mindset
- Enhance and develop core coaching skills
- Identify your unique coaching style and how to adapt to other communication styles
- Practice the C.O.A.C.H. approach model that guides a coaching conversation
- Benefits of creating a coaching culture in the workplace
This course is suitable for leaders, managers, personnel staff, management consultants, trainers and others interested in learning and having coaching conversation in the workplace.