During this four week online course, you will receive your personal resilience profile which will provide valuable insight into how you emotionally “show up” during times of turbulence and more importantly, where to focus to achieve your optimum level of resilience. You will learn practical techniques for strengthening resilience, including the use of mindfulness practices which has been proven to be one of the most effective techniques.
The Neuroscience of change
Why our brains are not wired for change
Our emotional reaction to change
7 Characteristics of Resilient People
Identify personal strengths and gaps
What is Mindfulness
How it works
Mindfulness practices to strengthen Resilience
- Explain the root cause of our emotional response to change
- Describe the characteristics of highly resilient people
- Identify personal strengths and areas of opportunity for optimizing resilience
- Gain the confidence and agility to manage through change & disruption better
- Increase your self awareness to consciously choose winning behaviours and mindsets for greater performance and productivity
- Strengthen your emotional well being and stamina to bounce back quicker and absorb higher levels of disruption
- Adopt the mindset that allows you to not only survive through change and disruption, but thrive through it
2-4 hours per week
While the majority of this course Is delivered asynchronously, there will be weekly 60-minute synchronous session held weekly. Thursdays, Oct 7, 14, 21 & 28 at noon.
Computer Requirements:A week prior to the course start date you will receive an email from us with information on how to access the online course. At that time you will be encouraged to visit a short orientation website to familiarize yourself with our online learning platform. You will find the computer requirements for this course through this link: computerservices.royalroads.ca/computer_equip_requirements.
This course can be taken on its own or as part of the Management & Leadership Skills Certificate - ONLINE.