During this four-week course, students will learn about, and practice, motivating and coaching employees in the workplace with the aim of becoming more confident choosing an appropriate management response when assessing performance. Learn how to adapt leadership skills to different situations and to become more effective at facilitating a collaborative coaching session.
Learning Objectives include:
- Understanding how governance frameworks set the boundaries within which managers must work, and the regulatory, legal, policy and contractual requirements which require compliance
- Learning about performance management systems and setting the parameters for evaluation and performance management
- Exploring how our own leadership styles and preferences may aid or hinder our efforts in guiding others
- Learning how to assess situations requiring attention to improve performance or increase employee commitment.
- Exploring motivational strategies, which are often all that is required for employees to focus and perform.
- Choosing a course of action for success; training, coaching, counselling, or disciplining.
While most of this course is delivered asynchronously, there will be a weekly 60 minute synchronous session on Thursdays at 4 pm to 5:30 pm: Jan 14, 21, 28 and Feb 4, 2021.
5-6 hours per week
A week prior to the course start date you will receive an email from us with information on how to access the online course. At that time you will be encouraged to visit a short orientation website to familiarize yourself with our online learning platform. You will find the computer requirements for this course through this link: computerservices.royalroads.ca/computer_equip_requirements.