Emotional Intelligence (EI) is really about being aware and being smart with feelings. It is the ability to use emotional information to guide thinking and behaviour and achieve your goals. Research indicates that emotional intelligence is the strongest predictor of performance and leadership success in the workplace.
Students will be expected to:
- Complete and debrief the EQi 2.0 assessment
- Experience emotional intelligence in action through experiential learning exercises
- Participate in a peer to peer coaching loop to gain deeper insight into your EQi 2.0 results
- Give and receive constructive feedback in a supportive environment
- Develop and practice skills and approaches to increase emotional intelligence
- Create a personal action plan to support personal and professional growth for continued career and organizational success
- Week 1: Understanding Emotional Intelligence
- Week 2: The EQi 2.0 Model of Emotional Intelligence
- Week 3: EQi 2.0 debrief and analysis and action plan
- Week 4: The impact of EI in the workplace
4-6 hours per week
While the majority of this course Is delivered asynchronously, there will be one 90-minute synchronous session held weekly. Date and time to be announced shortly.
A week prior to the course start date you will receive an email from us with information on how to access the online course. At that time, you will be encouraged to visit a short orientation website to familiarize yourself with our online learning platform. You will find the computer requirements for this course through this link: computerservices.royalroads.ca/computer_equip_requirements.