Learn essential applied permaculture and organic gardening techniques to:
- Analyze and optimize the growing conditions in your garden, no matter the size, including container gardens
- Creatively collect, use and preserve water for optimal garden health
- Use holistic solutions for plants health problems ("pests" and "diseases")
- Select, plant, maintain and harvest a large variety of food plants for year-round enjoyment
- Also included: how to propagate plants; save your own seeds; and store your harvest
This online course engages students with practical and hands-on projects, and is guided by experienced professional organic gardnerers.
There are no pre-requisites, but either the Organic Master Gardener (classroom or online) or Organic Horticulture Specialist course would be highly beneficial before, during or after this program.
Time Requirement: Participants should expect to set aside a miminum of 6 -10 hours each week to focus on assignments.
Course Schedule: Gaia College recommends participants registered in Gaia College courses take no more than 2 courses per semester. For those participants wishing to take more than 2 courses, please contact Gaia College.
Part of the Gaia College/Royal Roads University Diploma in Organic Land Care.
Find out more.