The power of this course is immersion in a realistic case study in which you will experience and optimize group dynamics with co-learners in a virtual project team. While learning is self-directed, you will apply new skills by leading and completing weekly team assignments and receive feedback from your project team members and your instructor. These weekly activities will be delivered via webinars, online team discussion forums and video conference. By weaving together multidisciplinary skills, and sharing leadership, your team will increase its capacity to be highly innovative and productive
- Assess and align the organization’s strategic goals with project team’s goals
- Identify team’s shared Purpose and optimize team dynamics through a team agreement that outlines its operating principles
- Develop communication strategies to engage people who are impacted by your project
- Plan the work: develop a work breakdown schedule and calculate cost estimates
- Work the plan: apply a proven method to delegate work that drives performance and apply best practices to monitor team performance
- Build self-awareness and describe the five stages of group dynamics. Identify a project team’s shared Purpose that is aligned with the current and future strategic goals of the organization. Overcome challenges when collaborating remotely
- Analyze project’s impact on operational people and engage them through communication strategies
- Establish project’s Scope, co-create project’s Work Breakdown Schedule and estimate costs within project’s Budget
- Empower and motivate team members through effective task delegation
- Apply best practices to monitor project’s deliverables in-the-moment, and to create a learning environment
- Recognize individual/team achievements and celebrate success
4-6 hours per week
Course work includes assignments, webinars, discussion forums and video conferences.
Wednesdays, Apr 6, 13, 20 & 27 from 1 pm to 4 pm
A week prior to the course start date you will receive an email from us with information on how to access the online course. At that time you will receive instructions on pre-work that needs to be completed prior to the course’s first classroom webinar. New to online learning? We encourage you to visit the short orientation video included in the course to familiarize yourself with our online learning platform. You will find the computer requirements for this course through this link: computerservices.royalroads.ca/computer_equip_requirements.