- Why conversations are so difficult
- Consider the sub-text that underlies all difficult conversations
- Examine the role feelings, identity, and intentions play in our challenging conversations
- Explore the “learning conversation” and how it makes a difference
- Examine strategies to successfully negotiate difficult conversations
- Competencies developed include: communication, relationship & team building, and self-development
- Learn how to better deal with your emotions and anxiety
- Develop greater self-awareness and how one contributes to conflict
- Learn strategies for disarming the impulse to lay blame
- Practice new strategies for influence
- Prepare a plan of action for future difficult conversations
3-5 hours per week
While the majority of this course Is delivered asynchronously, there will be weekly 60-minute synchronous sessions: Fridays, Jun 18, 25 Jul 2 & 9 from 8 am to 9 am
A week prior to the course start date you will receive an email from us with information on how to access the online course. At that time you will be encouraged to visit a short orientation website to familiarize yourself with our online learning platform. You will find the computer requirements for this course through this link: computerservices.royalroads.ca/computer_equip_requirements.
This course can be taken on its own or as part of the Professional Communication Skills Certificate.