- Week 1: Introduction to Adult Learning Principles
- Week 2: Learning Design Theory and Learning Outcomes
- Week 3: Lesson Planning and Creating Active Learning Environments
- Week 4: Solidifying Your Lesson Plan
- Week 5: Preparing to Facilitate
- Articulate the approach and values you bring to designing learning for adults
- Describe 3-5 key principles of adult learning
- Use an established learning design process to guide the development of an in-person workshop
- Write measurable learning outcomes
- Create a workshop lesson plan for a participatory learning experience
6 hours per week
A week prior to the course start date you will receive an email from us with information on how to access the online course. At that time you will be encouraged to visit a short orientation website to familiarize yourself with our online learning platform. You will find the computer requirements for this course through this link: computerservices.royalroads.ca/computer_equip_requirements.
This course can be taken on its own or as part of the Professional Certificate in Advanced Facilitation Practices.