Facilitating meetings has become an integral part of our working lives and is often the skill most directly linked to team and organizational success. Meaningful interaction through effective facilitation often results in smarter decision making, increased productivity and morale in the workplace.
- Assess your facilitation skills by understanding your own strengths and areas of improvement
- Plan and prepare a facilitated session
- Open the session to ensure clarity and to get attention
- Manage your timeeffectively to allow for discussion while meeting objectives
- Use facilitation tools and techniques appropriately
- Manage group dynamics to minimize disruption
- Close the session to ensure clarity for the path forward leaving attendees united and satisfied
- Document the session information by recording and distributing decisions
- Gauge your style of facilitation
- Practice! Practice, Practice!
- Plan, start, manage and close effective facilitated sessions
- Design engaging facilitated sessions to ensure a high level of participation
- Create a productive and positive meeting environment
- Establish a presence at meetings
- Manage challenging group dynamics and disruptive behaviors
- Manage time and stay on track
Synchronous Session Expectation:
There are 1-hour weekly webinars via live zoom sessions with the whole cohort; and the final session consists of 2-hours of facilitated sessions. Fridays, Nov 19, 26, Dec 3 & 10 from 8 am to 9 am PT.
Please also note that you are required to attend short live meetings with your team weekly as well.
Learner effort will be roughly 6-8 hours per week including weekly team meetings
A week prior to the course start date you will receive an email from us with information on how to access the online course. At that time you will be encouraged to visit a short orientation website to familiarize yourself with our online learning platform. You will find the computer requirements for this course through this link: computerservices.royalroads.ca/computer_equip_requirements.