- Understand the core elements of mental toughness: control, confidence, commitment and challenge
- Understand their strengths and areas for development regarding mental toughness
- Build a personalized plan to grow their mental toughness
- Develop skills to realize their potential
Students will be expected to:
- Complete short assessments pertaining to grit and resilience.
- Attend weekly interactive, virtual 90-minute webinars.
- Participate in a weekly, asynchronous online discussion forum to share insights on the learnings and comment on others’ posts.
- Engage in individual reflective practice, such as journaling.
- Read short articles and other resources.
- Create a personalized plan to grow mental toughness.
Week 1: The elements of mental toughness, emotional control/life control and self-awareness.
Week 2: Commitment: goal orientation and achievement focus; and Challenge: learning from setbacks, openness to change and resilience.
Week 3: Confidence: belief in abilities and interpersonal confidence
Week 4: Implementing your plan: practices to grow your mental toughness
2-4 hours per week
There will be one 90-minute synchronous session held weekly 1 pm to 2:30 pm PT Tuesday, Nov 2, 9, 16 & 23.
A week prior to the course start date you will receive an email from us with information on how to access the online course. At that time you will be encouraged to visit a short orientation website to familiarize yourself with our online learning platform. You will find the computer requirements for this course through this link: computerservices.royalroads.ca/computer_equip_requirements.