This course will provide you with the essential knowledge and testing skills to prepare you to pass the PMP® exam. The course focuses on three critical areas:
- Understanding the PMBOK®
- Understanding the Project Management Professional Examination Specification
- Understanding how to successfully study for the exam
The course content covers the PMBOK®, but also covers other knowledge that is identified as testable matters from the exam specification. Much of this information comes from international leading experts specializing in Project Management (i.e., Verzuh, Crow, Christenson, etc.). This course includes a variety of learning tools and study aids that are consistent with PMI® processes and terminology.
This course promotes understanding over memorization. Some memorization is highly recommended to adequately prepare for the exam but is limited to the essential information that is required for the exam and nothing more.
This course also coaches participants in effective test taking techniques in order that participants can make the best use of their testing time and not give up marks needlessly because of the test structure or format.
Purpose: This Preparation course covers the following areas:
- The Environment in Which Projects Operate
- Agile, Waterfall and tailoring methods
- The Role of the Project Manager
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholders Management
- Professional Code of Ethics
At the end of this course participants will:
- enhance their competencies in understanding and applying the PMBOK® and general project management knowledge from selected texts and academic journal articles.
- gain experience writing practice exams that are the same or similar to the PMP® designation exam.
- gain an understanding of the exam itself and how best to take the exam successfully.
There will be weekly one-hour synchronous sessions.
5-7 hours per week
A week prior to the course start date you will receive an email from us with information on how to access the online course. At that time you will be encouraged to visit a short orientation website to familiarize yourself with our online learning platform. You will find the computer requirements for this course through this link: computerservices.royalroads.ca/computer_equip_requirements.