This program offers you an opportunity to explore and develop new opportunities with the guidance of career mentors/executive coaches who understand the business and brains underlying personal and career transitions. You will be part of a supportive cohort of professionals who are exploring ways to energize their current careers or identify a new path. You will work both with your cohort and one on one in Executive Coaching sessions to identify your individual strengths and opportunities and to create a personal plan of action that will move you from where you are to where you want to be. You’ll leave with new insights, fresh perspectives and clarity, a personal action plan, and a new support team.
Topics Covered in the Course Include:
- How you can thrive as you live, learn and earn longer
- Lessons from neuroscience: Understanding bucket lists and the need for change
- How to design a fulfilling life
- Defining your path and creating your action plan
- The future of work and how it applies to you
- The changing workforce: career supply and demand
- Career options and opportunities
- Navigation tools and networks
- Week 1 – Living Learning and Earning Longer: Who am I and what’s my story?
- Week 2 – The Biology and Psychology underling midlife and mid career stages of life and bucket lists.
- Week 3 - Personal Career planning. The changing demographics of the workforce including supply and demand
- Week 4 - Identifying career options and plans
- Week 5 - Creating your individual action plan
- Week 6 - Present and celebrate the launch of your action and accountability plan
- Understand yourself and your changing needs as you advance in your career
- Identify your options for career development
- Understand the job market and the needs of employers
- Determine the role education and training may play in your future career and how it may or may not be necessary to support your career shift
- Develop a personal plan that moves you towards achieving your next act
Each individual participant will receive 4 hours of individual coaching sessions. The individual coaching sessions will allow you to identify the barriers that prevent you from moving forward in your career planning, and develop a plan for taking action to move your career plan forward to achieve your personal and professional goals.
Each week will involve weekly live, 90 minute virtual workshops focused on specific content for that week. This course will also have weekly discussions, team work, breakout sessions, peer coaching, reflective practice, journaling, and readings and resources that include practical and relevant learning aimed at increasing confidence as you develop your encore career plan. Pre-course work includes assessments and readings. A final assignment consists of creating a blueprint of action for achieving your future goal. The total number of hours of learner effort required for completion is approximately 30 hrs.
***All programs, faculty, dates, and fees are subject to change. Program fee is subject to applicable taxes. Non-refundable fees and deposits will be retained upon cancellation. Any other fees are refunded at the discretion of Professional and Continuing Studies.