This is our core course. It is an essential component of the Diploma in Organic Land Care. It is intense, challenging and inspiring, consisting of lectures and hands-on exercises. You will get the same comprehensive, professional curriculum as the Organic Horticulture Specialist course, but discussions will generally reflect the interests of a more mixed audience including home gardeners, budding farmers and landscape professionals.
- Learn to create fabulous food and ornamental gardens without pesticides and other harmful chemicals
- Become involved with SOUL (Society for Organic Urban Land Care) and share your knowledge with your community through workshops, talks and other creative ways
- Gain essential skills to start or enhance your own business in the rapidly growing organic land care industry
- Prepare to write the SOUL Organic Certification exam for land care professionals
- Earn generous Continuing Education Credits to maintain your industry certifications (ISA, CNLA, BCSLA, SOUL)
Required Supplies (in order to complete the practical assignments):
- Bypass pruners
- Basic gardening tools
- Materials for composting, garden bed installation, compost tea and other microbial preparations. Microbial inoculants, compost tea brewers, etc. can be purchased from The Organic Gardener's Pantry
Everyone is welcome. No previous experience required. Just come, learn and have fun. To receive a Certificate of Completion, students must attend all sessions and satisfactorily complete all assignments and quizzes.
Time Requirement: Participants should expect to set aside a miminum of 6 -10 hours each week to focus on assignments.
Course Schedule: Gaia College recommends participants registered in Gaia College courses take no more than 2 courses per semester. For those participants wishing to take more than 2 courses, please contact Gaia College.
Part of the Gaia College/Royal Roads University Diploma in Organic Land Care.
Find out more.