Going way beyond the idea of pesticide and fertilizer product substitution, you will understand the concepts of landscape health management as opposed to pest management. You will learn how to build a holistic decision making framework for creating and maintaining vibrantly healthy gardens and landscapes, including turf.
- Grow fabulous, healthy gardens
- Gain essential skills to start or enhance your business in the rapidly growing organic land care industry sector
- Earn generous continuing education credits for landscape professionals to maintain industry certifications (ISA, CNLA, BCSLA)
- Become involved in Society for Organic Urban Land Care (SOUL) and share your knowledge with your community through workshops, talks and other creative ways
- Write the SOUL Organic Accreditation exam for land care professionals
The on-line version of this course integrates reading, quizzes and discussions with practical, hands-on assignments. Everyone is welcome, no previous experience is required.
To receive a Certificate of Completion, students must contribute to all on-line discussions and satisfactorily complete all assignments and quizzes.
Time Requirement: Participants should expect to set aside a miminum of 6 -10 hours each week to focus on assignments.
Course Schedule: Gaia College recommends participants registered in Gaia College courses take no more than 2 courses per semester. For those participants wishing to take more than 2 courses, please contact Gaia College.
Part of the Gaia College/Royal Roads University Diploma in Organic Land Care.
Find out more.