Mindfulness-based interventions are being utilized more and more in various health care settings. Each year additional research studies are carried out and many of these studies point to the benefits of employing Mindfulness-based interventions (MBIs) in health care settings not only for the well-being of clients/patients but also for the health care provider.
- Explore the basic tenets of mindfulness meditation as related to working in the field of medicine and mental health care
- Learn about the main applications being utilized today including Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy and Mindful Self-Compassion
- Discuss the role of presence in the therapeutic alliance
- Examine the importance of the therapist having their own regular mindfulness-based practice
- Engage in experiencing and explore various mindfulness-based interventions (MBIs) that may be utilized with clients/patients
Who should attend? Professionals working in the medical and mental health fields interested in mindfulness-based interventions (MBIs), including but not limited to Counsellors, Social Workers, Doctors, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Dentists, Midwives, Paramedics, Dietitians, Psychologists and Psychiatrists.
This course can be taken on its own or as part of the Integrated Mindfulness Certificate.