Students will be asked to draw from their experience and learning to inform weekly discussion forums and online break-out room discussions on how insights from cognitive science can be applied to improve trust, focus, mental health, and the ways in which the brain can adapt (neuroplasticity).
Through this course, students will learn how to:
- lead with the brain in mind
- foster trust, inclusion, and collaboration
- minimize threats that get in the way of performance
- increase focus and retention of information
- strengthen mental health and resilience
- increase change readiness and agility
- Trust and Collaboration
- Focus and Performance
- Brain Health and Resilience
- Change Readiness and Agility
3 hours per week
While the majority of this course is delivered asynchronously, there will be weekly one-hour webinars on Wednesdays at 4pm PST.
A week prior to the course start date you will receive an email from us with information on how to access the online course. At that time you will be encouraged to visit a short orientation website to familiarize yourself with our online learning platform. You will find the computer requirements for this course through this link: computerservices.royalroads.ca/computer_equip_requirements.