Over the duration of the course, students will:
- Discover the Leading Meaningful Change Framework, principles and key concepts;
- Reflect on their own approach to leading meaningful change;
- Explore the foundations and best-practices of leading meaningful change;
- Acquire directly applicable tools and techniques to enhance their leadership through uncertain and ambiguous times
The four-week course will include:
- Wake Ups: Early morning/evening inspirational messages, videos, questions of the day, sunny thoughts and warm wishes
- Wind-Downs: 30 min exercises to help you reflect, put into practice and/or advance your work leading and managing change
- Virtual Workshops: 90-minute weekly sessions that will introduce concepts, exercises and small group discussions
- Drill Downs: Readings, research, videos and articles for individual and self-directed reflection and application.
- Week 1: Leading Meaningful Change Essentials
- Week 2: Use-of-Self
- Week 3: Building and Sustaining Cohesive Teams
- Week 4: Planning and Communicating For Renewal
Leading Meaningful Change - Capturing the Hearts, Minds, and Souls of the People You Lead, Work With, and Serve by Beverley Patwell
While the majority of this course is delivered asynchronously, there will be weekly 90-minute synchronous sessions during the four weeks: dates & times to be determined shortly.
3-5 hours per week
Computer Requirements:A week prior to the course start date you will receive an email from us with information on how to access the online course. At that time you will be encouraged to visit a short orientation website to familiarize yourself with our online learning platform. You will find the computer requirements for this course through this link: computerservices.royalroads.ca/computer_equip_requirements.