In this world of hyperconnectivity, the act of slowing down at home and work may feel like a long-forgotten luxury. Mindfulness meditations and the attitudes associated with the practices can help us to pause and notice our inner and outer worlds. From this place of pausing, we can then make decisions with clarity which will be skillful for ourselves, others and the planet at home, in community and in workplace settings. Every body is welcome regardless of past meditation experience. Come with a beginner’s mind!
- Learn basic tenets, principles and theories associated with mindfulness-based practices
- Explore the difference between reaction and response
- Explore the attitudes associated with cultivating a mindfulness practice; such as, empathy, compassion and acceptance
- Practice core mindfulness-based practices, including breath practices and loving-kindness meditation
- Explore intention for pursuing the Integrated Mindfulness Certificate
- Participants will understand the basic tenets, principles and theories associated with mindfulness-based practices
- Participants will be able to name and explain the attitudes associated with cultivating a mindfulness practice
- Participants’ will have direct experience of core mindfulness-based practices and the art of inquiry
There are weekly 2 hour webinars: Thursdays @6:30pm PDT (Nov 12, 19, 26 & Dec 3).
4 hours per week
This course can be taken on its own or as part of the Integrated Mindfulness Certificate.
A week prior to the course start date you will receive an email from us with information on how to access the online course. At that time you will be encouraged to visit a short orientation website to familiarize yourself with our online learning platform. You will find the computer requirements for this course through this link: computerservices.royalroads.ca/computer_equip_requirements.