Whether you occasionally run meetings or lead teams through complex cycles of organizational change, you will find useful tools in the Liberating Structures collection to boost your online facilitation practice and effectiveness.
In this four-week online course you’ll experience many Liberating Structures, in both synchronous and asynchronous online modes, and discover how you can bring creativity and engagement to your online meetings and learning events using Liberating Structures.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe what Liberating Structures are and how they can engage participants in your online meetings and learning events
- Recognize major considerations in choosing LS activities for synchronous and asynchronous online modes
- Design and/or facilitate a short online session (synchronously and/or asynchronously) using Liberating Structures
- Access additional resources and supports for future work with Liberating Structures
Participants should expect to spend 6-8 hours for course activities during each of the four weeks. Those with no prior online teaching and learning experiences can expect to invest more time. Continuous, active participation is necessary to make this course successful for everyone.
Optional synchronous sessions are scheduled for:
- November 3, 12-1pm Pacific
- November 10, 12-1pm Pacific
- November 17, 12-1pm Pacific
- November 27, 12-1pm Pacific
A week prior to the course start date you will receive an email from us with information on how to access the online course. At that time you will be encouraged to visit a short orientation website to familiarize yourself with our online learning platform. You will find the computer requirements for this course through this link: computerservices.royalroads.ca/computer_equip_requirements.
This course can be taken on its own or as part of the Professional Certificate in Advanced Facilitation Practices.