Learning Outcomes: Students will be able to:
Week 1: The Fundamentals of Customer Service
- Define the attributes of good customer service
- Know and apply the stages of a service interaction to insure a satisfying customer experience
- Demonstrate effective communication skills to facilitate shared understanding and clear expectations
- Apply customer service principles to different types of customer interaction.
Week 2: Facilitating Extraordinary Customer Experiences
- Understand the difference between providing service and creating exceptional customer experiences
- Apply interpersonal communications skills to personalize interactions and connect effectively with customers
- Create memorable moments for customers in order exceed customer expectations.
Week 3: Key Account Service
- Understand the different customer service models
- Adjust Customer Service approaches to address customer segments and their unique requirements for Service Excellence
- Adapt and customize customer service practises to serve an organization’s key accounts.
Week 4: Addressing Issues and Mistakes
- Apply techniques to address customer complaints effectively, and restore positive customer relationships
- Handle organizational mistakes adeptly and effectively
- Address the unique or uncommon needs and issues of customers.
While the majority of this course Is delivered asynchronously, there will be a weekly 60 minute synchronous session, Tuesdays from 8:30 am to 9:30 am.
3-6 hours per week
A week prior to the course start date you will receive an email from us with information on how to access the online course. At that time you will be encouraged to visit a short orientation website to familiarize yourself with our online learning platform. You will find the computer requirements for this course through this link: computerservices.royalroads.ca/computer_equip_requirements.