During this four-week program, students will learn about and practise customer service skills, focused on meeting and exceeding the expectations of their customers and clients.
Students will be able to:
Module 1: Fundamentals of Customer Service
- Understand the different levels of customer service
- Be able to define the attributes of good customer service
- Know how to apply the stages of a service interaction to insure a satisfying customer experience
Module 2: Providing Extraordinary Customer Experiences
- Understand the difference between providing service and creating exceptional customer experiences
- Apply interpersonal communications skills to personalize interactions and connect effectively with customers
- Learn how to create memorable moments for customers in order to exceed customer expectations
- Understand the role of emotions, self monitoring and self-management in customer service
Module 3: Resolving Issues and Managing Mistakes
- Understand emotional intelligence and the self monitoring and self management of emotional responses to stressful situations
- Apply techniques to address customer complaints effectively, and restore positive customer relationships (de-escalating)
- Address organizational mistakes effectively and satisfactorily.
Module 4: Strengthening Customer Relationships
- Understand customer service roles in Customer Relationship Management
- Understand the appropriate use of communication channels in customer service
- Explore the importance of soft skills in connecting with customers
While the majority of this course Is delivered asynchronously, there will be a weekly 60 minute synchronous session, Tuesdays from 8:30 am to 9:30 am.
3-6 hours per week
A week prior to the course start date you will receive an email from us with information on how to access the online course. At that time you will be encouraged to visit a short orientation website to familiarize yourself with our online learning platform. You will find the computer requirements for this course through this link: computerservices.royalroads.ca/computer_equip_requirements.