After completing the course you will be able to:
- Explain the core concepts of climate science
- Distinguish between weather, climate variability and climate change
- Describe current climate trends, regional impacts and the role of adaptation
- Analyse different regional climate change scenarios, impacts, and opportunities for adaptation and mitigation
- Develop a high-level plan for integrating climate change adaptation into practice.
Approximately 6 hours per week
While most of this course is delivered asynchronously, there will be two 60 minute synchronous sessions
March 29 and April 19. You can either attend at 10 am or 3 pm PT
A week prior to the course start date you will receive an email from us with information on how to access the online course. At that time you will be encouraged to visit a short orientation website to familiarize yourself with our online learning platform. You will find the computer requirements for this course through this link: computerservices.royalroads.ca/computer_equip_requirements.